January 28, 2013

Help! I'm being held captive!


OK, not really, but here I sit waiting for my fight back from Los Angeles. We have just been notified that our plane has hit a bird and therefore has to be taken in for repairs. My flight has been delayed 5 hours or more, and there are no other options other than just sitting here watching other fights come and go. So I guess, if you want to get technical, I am being held captive -- by a dead bird!

While sitting here, I did an Internet search for fly fishing near LA. Although not a fly fishing destination, I read where there are some reasonable streams within an hour or two of Beverly Hills, where I was this weekend for a conference. I wish I would have known that before I came, as I would have brought one of my tenkara rods. After the conference let out yesterday afternoon, I did go up into the local hills and did some hiking, but I would have loved to try my hand at catching some wild trout in Southern California.

Anyway, not to bore you too much, but I just wanted you to know that could have fished this weekend but didn't because I didn't do my homework. Bummer!



Not my plane, unfortunately.


6 comments:

  1. Bum deal. I was just out there in June and fished the East Fork San Gabriel River. Awesome pacific rainbows. All on tenkara by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the places I could have gone; so close!

      -Tom

      Delete
  2. Either the Shimano Kozuka or the Daiwa Kiyose will fit inside a briefcase. Of the two, I prefer the Shimano, which also has a built-in line holder in the tip cap. Now here is no excuse for not being able to fish on a business trip.

    Don't leave home without one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't leave home without one now. Also, I'm going to do my homework better before any trip -- so to be prepared.

      -Tom

      Delete
  3. You changed your heading picture! Who did it for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie. Looks good, huh! She has a great eye!

      Delete