August 25, 2013

Tenkara: August 12, 2013

It seems that I am getting behind in my tenkara reports. Maybe I've gotten a little lazy, sorry.  Anyway, here is a video of a recent trip that I took. I used both kebari and dries for this trip. I haven't fished with dries very often over this past two years, and it was sort of fun to fling one out and watch the fish rise.

I am aware that one of the downsides to my videos is that you can't see the line as it casts and drifts. I have been experimenting with various line options with the goal of making the videos a little more interesting. In this video I am using a more visible line -- it is really visible to my eye in real time -- but it still is not visible enough in the video. I'll keep trying.

Anyway, here is the video.





5 comments:

  1. It's OK to be "lazy" sometimes. Fortunately, I'm lazy more than not, which gives me time to watch these videos. Keep 'em coming...at a leisurely pace of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike!

      I've enjoyed following your Florida transition.

      -Tom

      Delete
  2. What kind of Tenkara Rod is that? What's the brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,

      It is a Shimostuke Ten. Here is my review:
      http://tetontenkara.blogspot.com/2013/04/shimotsuke-ten-tenkara-rod-review.html

      -Tom

      Delete
    2. OK, thanks. That's a beautiful rod!

      Delete