April 5, 2018

Small Stream Tenkara - April 4, 2018

Yesterday, after work, I fished a small creek before going home. The time I spent on the water was one hour -- 1410 to 1510. The sky was overcast and the air temperature was 44°F. There was no breeze. The snow is almost gone along side this little creek.


Water temp.


The water was clear and low, but the water temperature has started to rise a little. This helped the trout be a little more aggressive in their response to the fly.




As I worked my way upstream I hit the usual lies, and was not disappointed.




I brought about 10 trout to hand, but "long line" released a number more.




The Soft Hackle Grey kebari seemed to be just the ticket for yesterday's conditions.

Well chewed.


After a pair of nice little browns were taken in two consecutive casts from some lies tight against the bank, I drove home. It was nice to get out again!












1 comment: