December 10, 2023

October 18, 2023 - Exploring Three New Creeks

I'm a creature of habit. I tend to fish the same creeks and streams until I feel that I know them intimately. But every once and a while I feel the need to explore new waters. 

This last year I've been brave and explored quite a few new creeks and streams. Many of them are in Wyoming, not too far from where I live in Idaho. Some have been a real surprise and others not so much. 

On October 18th, I decided to test out three creeks that I've never been to. A couple of them are in busy canyons, but one is off the beaten path. I didn't have to hike to any of them, and that was nice. All three had fish in them, but the last was the most productive. 

I fished each creek for about 30-45 minutes; just long enough to test out the water for fish and species. I was pleased with all three. Needless to say, I'll be back to each of these creeks to explore in more detail their nooks and crannies when the weather warms next summer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment