December 24, 2023

September 13, 2023

I fished the same creek creek as in vlog #338, but I went a little further upstream. Since it was September, there were fewer campers in the canyon, but there were still a few who had parked their trailers for the upcoming weekend. No one was around, so I fished through their camps and continued on my exploration of this wonderful creek. 

Unlike last visit, my rod of choice for today was the Mizuchi. Now that I knew how large the cutthroat are in this creek, I decided to go with a rod that could give fast hooksets and powerful fish control. The fishing started out slow, and I got a little frustrate at this, but in the end it was a successful day on this creek. I matched the Mizuchi with a 9' #3.5 level line. This seemed to work well. 

Just like last visit to this creek, I hooked into some really nice sized cutthroat but lost them in the ensuing fight. Some of this was my fault. Because the fishing started out slow, I let my guard down on the first few fish and wasn't on top of my game. I need to stop doing this!

Here's the vlog:









No comments:

Post a Comment