July 26, 2018

Well, I'll be! Over 1 million views!

The other day I noticed that Teton Tenkara has now received over 1 million page views. And so I want to say "Thank you!".



I started this blog in January 2012 as a way to share with the community the things that I discovered as I began to learn tenkara. As you have seen, the blog is a mixture of fishing adventures and product reviews, along with the occasional opinion piece. It's been a long and at times a challenging road, trying to come up with content that would be both entertaining and informational, but I've enjoyed the ride.

I've had my share of ups and downs over the years with Teton Tenkara. I've made some great friends, both far and near. I've been threatened to have my "brand" taken from me, so I had to spend the money (and go through the pain) to make Teton Tenkara a registered trademark. I've been able to fish with some really excellent tenkara anglers along the way, including being personally tutored by and fishing with Masami Sakakibara on three different occasions. I've been in heated internet conversations about various tenkara topics (although I've tried to steer clear of these mostly). And I've been able to answer a lot of your emails regarding rods, techniques, and the like (although I never profess to be an expert when it come to tenkara).




One of the topics that I've tried to emphasize in Teton Tenkara is rod reviews. A rod review was my first blog post, and to date I've reviewed over 100 different rods or rod configurations. Most of these I personally purchased. I don't make any money from Teton Tenkara, but many of you have donated to the blog in the past to help financially support its content. Again, I say thank you! Without your support and readership this blog would have died a long time ago.

My first blog post and rod review - January 30, 2012.


I'll keep plugging away at Teton Tenkara by providing rod and equipment reviews and sharing my outings. I'm aware that blogs are a dying medium, now that social media venues like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the rest are available. But that said, this blog is my own platform of tenkara expression and is a way for me to share with the tenkara community what fun I'm having and what I've learned along the way. Thank you for your support!






8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tom. You've been such a help and inspiration to me. My own "effectiveness" on the water has improved dramatically, thanks to your gentle and effective tutelage, not to mention that Oni rod you sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Teton Tenkars milestone. That's quite an achievement.
    Stay with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is my inspiration and I check out your blog daily.

      Delete
  3. Tom, thanks for all you've done. I look at 5, maybe 6 Tenkara bloggers, but yours is the most consistently entertaining and content-heavy. I also have many of your youtube tying videos at hand, to help with ideas and techniques. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for supporting the blog and watching the videos. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Thank YOU for spending your time bringing us so much quality tenkara info.

    ReplyDelete