August 6, 2021

Shimotsuke Fluorescent Green Tenkara Line

A few months ago, I saw a press release from Shimotsuke regarding a new fluorocarbon level line that would soon be released. Fluorocarbon level line isn't new, but Shimotsuke claimed that the fluorescent green color had "never existed before". I talked with Brent at DRAGONtail Tenkara about possibly bringing some in, and he decided to try. 

Most fluorocarbon tenkara level line is orange, pink, yellow or pale olive. Personally, I like orange or pink line with a green sighter, but some people prefer a green main line. For my green sighter, I first started using green Amnesia, but then changed over the TenkaraBum Tactical Nymphing Sighter (no longer available).  While these both worked well, I have wanted a bright green fluorocarbon line to use as a sighter, thus keeping with an all fluorocarbon material line. Well, now I have that option. 





Brent was able to get the Shimotsuke line and I got a few spools of it. It comes in 30 meter spools, instead of 20 meters like Nissin PALS Oni line. The color is bright, but it's still not quite as opaque as green nylon line. But when I attached it to my main line it looks real good. I think it will work well. 

The line is smooth surfaced and has that nice fluorocarbon flexibility. It casts well and will be a great addition to my line arsenal. 

If you are interested in getting some of the Shimotsuke fluorescent green Tenkara line, check out DRAGONtail's website. Thanks to Brent, we now have another color option for level line tenkara!








No comments:

Post a Comment