July 20, 2020

New Waters - July 17. 2020 morning

Last week I did a little exploring. On the 17th I fished three different creeks; one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. This post is about the morning creek. 

I had wanted to fish this particular creek for quite some time now. But, as life would have it, I had never got around to it. But I finally did on July 17th. 

I didn't know where to start, as little is written about this creek in the usual source books or online. So I chose a spot away from the camping and Razr riding hoards, and started fishing. 

The creek turned out to be a winner! The trout were Yellowstone cutthroat trout, and although they weren't of any significant size, they were many and willing. This creek would be a great place for a beginner!

I used the Nissin Air Stage Fujiryu 360 5:5 (one of my favorite rods) and paired it with a 310 cm #3 fluorocarbon level line. I added 90 cm of 6X tippet to this.  The combination worked well. Here, see for yourself:





Coming up, the afternoon session at a creek I'd fished years ago, but got skunked. I was back for revenge!







No comments:

Post a Comment