January 1, 2021

Flies and Kebari Collection, Vol. 1 eBook for Sale

I published a blog post on June 5, 2020 called Book of Favorite Flies, Vol. 1, where I talked about a book that I had made to record my favorite fly patterns. After that post was published, I received quite a few requests to buy the book. That book was made for me to document my kebari preferences, sort of like a journal, and was not designed for sale. 

However, it got me thinking. I thought, why not make the book available to those who want a copy. But due to the cost of physical publishing, I thought an eDocument or eBook would be the best way to approach distribution. 

Of course, I'm not a publisher, or even a very good writer. But I decided to put together a type of document that folks could purchase for a small fee and have on their electronic device for reference. So, I used Visme and created a linkable document. 

This eDocument or eBook is volume 1, and contains 20 of the flies or kebari that I use most often. There is a color image of the fly, description of the materials used, and short comment regarding that particular fly. At the end of the eBook is a short tutorial on using a dubbing hook; a tool I find indispensable when tying certain patterns.  The eDocument is in a scrollable format, from top to bottom, and the size of each page can be adjusted using a slider bar in the bottom right corner of the viewer screen. 



The eBook costs $12 USD. That all. 

So, if you are interested in getting the link to the eBook, go to the tab at the top of this page and click the tab labeled "Flies and Kebari Collection eBooks", (OR CLICK HERE)  and thank you!



If you buy the book, let me know what you think! Did you find the book helpful? Would you like to see a second volume of my favorite flies and kebari? Think I'm a hack and have no business publishing a book of flies? Let me know!








2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tom, I'll have to check it out. Happy New Year!

    P.S. If you ever want to give the world of print on-demand books a go, I know someone that can help... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it and thought it was a good effort. I'd been curious about his go to flies.

    ReplyDelete