February 4, 2024

January 30, 2024 - Twelve Year Anniversary

Twelve years ago I picked up a tenkara rod for the first time. That rod was the Tenkara USA Iwana and after fishing with it, I never looked back. Also, twelve years ago I started the Teton Tenkara blog. After a brief introductory post, my first real post was a rod review of the Iwana. Since then, I have published dozens of rod reviews and posted hundreds of content posts in both Teton Tenkara and Tenkara Angler. It's been an interesting ride!

The other day I visited the river where I first tried tenkara. Prior to tenkara, I fly fished. But it wasn't until I started tenkara that I really started catching fish. With western gear, I'd catch fish, but that first time I used a tenkara rod and kept the line off the water, I caught more fish in a short fishing session that I immediately saw the advantages of this ancient Japanese method. 

Since that time, I've enjoyed tenkara in many locations and settings. I hope to be able to continue tenkara and share my ongoing adventures "in the shadows of the Tetons"!

Here's the vlog from the other day:








No comments:

Post a Comment