December 10, 2021

Genryu, Keiryu, Honryu, Oh My! Part I: Japanese stream ecology.

Back in 2017, Adam Trahan published an article on Tenkara-Fisher that was written by his friend Keiichi Okushi. Keiichi-san is a tenkara angler that lives in Japan, and in the article he talks about the ecology of a trout stream in Japanese terms. 

Since many American tenkara anglers don't understand the proper terms for stream ecology, and how they relate to tenkara, I post a link to Keiichi-san's article. My thanks to both Adam and Keiichi for teaching us the proper nomenclature for the streams we love to fish, and how those terms define which method of fixed-line fishing we use.

In part II, I'll link an article on techniques to fish keiryu (mountain stream) and honryu (main stream), how they are similar, and how they are different. 





No comments:

Post a Comment