June 19, 2017

Tenkara, June 19, 2017 -- one hour, many fish

I went out this morning and fished for one hour. I wanted to see how many trout I could hook in that amount of time from a stretch of creek that I had not previously ever fished. Because I had never fished that section, I didn't where the fish were.



This morning was bright blue sky and 73°F. There was no appreciable breeze. It was just plain lovely.

I drove to my previously chosen spot, parked the car and grabbed my rod. I wet waded, and had already had my stuff on, so I walked to the edge of the creek, extended the rod and made my first cast. Within two casts I was into my first trout -- a nice wild brown.





I worked my way upstream and at the end of one hour had taken over 12 trout. Most were browns, but one was a very nice cutthroat. I'm not sure how far I fished, but I think it was about 100 yards.






At the end of one hour I got out of the stream, walked back to my car, and drove home. It was a very successful outing!








4 comments:

  1. Nice one. ๐Ÿ‘
    I would be very pleased with that. Beautiful looking river and scenery. Thanks for sharing.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet that's not the last time you fish that stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad in law would call that "A magical day on the river." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'd like to spend an hour like that!

    ReplyDelete