February 22, 2022

NIRVANA Wooden Small Stream Net

NIRVANA ON THE FLY, a subsidiary company of DRAGONtail Tenkara, has released a new small stream net that is both beautiful and functional. Coming in at 7.6 oz. (215.5 g), this net is very lightweight and won't cramp your style when hiking into your favorite blueline creek. 






Here are some of the features, as described by NIRVANA: 

  • Beautiful High Quality Burl Wood
  • The Wood Rim is a Darker Burl Wood for a Stylish Look
  • Rubber Coated Light Weight Polyester Netting
  • Wide & Rounded Handle for Optimal Comfort
  • Curved Down Handle Head for Easy Scooping of Fish
  • Swiveling Lanyard Connection to Reduce Lanyard Twisting
  • Lanyard (elastic) Included

I was able to borrow one of these nets and take it for a spin. I really like the offset handle. It is large enough to fill the palm of my hand and the offset helps keep the netting off my back when I carry the net handle stuffed into my belt.





The wood and finish are really beautiful. The netting is rubber coated polyester mesh, so it's lightweight (unlike clear ghost nets) and fish safe. It worked perfectly on stream with fish up to 14 inches (I didn't catch any larger than this, so I couldn't test the net on them). 

All in all, I think this is a fantastic net. I only wish it was around back when I needed a net!

Disclaimer: I borrowed the net from DRAGONtail Tenkara and returned it after the review. I have no formal affiliation with DRAGONtail Tenkara or NIRVANA ON THE FLY, and there was no expectation of a positive review. 






1 comment: